Turkish Airstrike Wounds Two Civilians in Duhok
كوردی عربي فارسى
Kurdî Türkçe English

NEWS OPINION REPORTS INTERVIEWS ECONOMY MULTIMEDIA LIFESTYLE CULTURE & ARTS
x

Turkish Airstrike Wounds Two Civilians in Duhok

ERBIL — A Turkish airstrike on Wednesday left two civilians wounded in Duhok province of Kurdistan Region, a local official said.

Amir Ali, a spokesperson for the Independent Administration of Zakho, confirmed the report to BasNews and explained that Turkish warplanes carried out an airstrike against positions of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) near Sharanshe resort.

A 50-year-old man and his 24-year-old son were injured in the airstrike. They were taken to a hospital in Zakho, the spokesperson added.

Two civilians were killed earlier the day in a Turkish drone airstrike targeting an armed group affiliated with the PKK in Sinjar.

The victims included a 12-year-old civilian and his grandfather, local sources told BasNews at the time.

According to the sources, the minor was identified as Salih Shivan, who had been sent to a grocery shop by his mother when the drone attack hit the headquarters of the PKK-affiliated Sinjar Residence Unit (YBS).

Learn the Truth Here ... لـێــــره‌ ڕاستی بـزانــــــه
Copyright ©2021 BasNews.com. All rights reserved