Remains of 104 Yezidis Massacred by IS to be Returned to Sinjar
English Türkçe Kurdî
كوردی عربي فارسى

NEWS OPINION REPORTS INTERVIEWS ECONOMY MULTIMEDIA LIFESTYLE CULTURE & ARTS
×

Remains of 104 Yezidis Massacred by IS to be Returned to Sinjar

ERBIL - Remains of at least 104 Yezidis, who were massacred by the jihadist group of Islamic State (IS) in 2014, are expected to be returned to Sinjar next month.

Naif Jaso, the chief of Kocho, told BasNews that there had been a delay in the process of returning the remains, which will be conducted jointly by the regional and federal governments, due to the outbreak of COVID-19 in the region.

"The remains [of the Yezidi victims] are expected to be returned to Sinjar on February 1, 2021 by a military plane and they will be taken to the village of Kocho to be buried in a special ceremony," he said.

More than 500 bodies of Yezidis have so far been found in mass graves in various areas of Iraq, who were abducted mostly from Sinjar's Kocho village in August, 2014.